Friday, October 08, 2004

Inmate #5517-054

Today Martha Stewart reports to jail. WTF? She is now known as inmate #5517-054 to the federal prison system. She has to spend 5 months in a Virginia (?) prison? The world has certainly gone topsy-turvy.

The Domestic Diva? The goddess of Gardening? The Queen of Crafts? In jail?

If my friend called me and told me I was going to lose a lot of money if I didn't sell something, you bet your ass I would be selling it. Is this really a crime? Is it not fair for someone to get information before other people? Information that could save them money?What if I get my super market sale flyer before other people on my block? If I go to the store and buy all the sale items to save money is it a crime? What if the sales lady at the convenience store tells me there has not been a winner recently on scratch ticket number 10? Before we know it the feds could be haulin both our asses off to jail.

People get tips all the time. Tips on which horse or dog might win the race, tips on which team is going to win the Sunday football game, tips on which boxer may win the title.

There are so many other people in the world that should be doing time. I don't think Martha Stewart is one of them. We have crazees running around the world, people......CRAZEES.

A whole lot of tax payer's money has been spent on the trial of Martha Stewart. Maybe the government could have used that money in a better way? Lets see.......feeding the homeless? Donating the money to breast cancer research? Maybe helping out all the fatherless and motherless children the war in Iraq has created?

The human race amazes me, and not in a good way sometimes. We need to get our priorities straight and by "we" I mean our government.

Jacob Hornberger writes his opinion here:

http://www.fff.org/comment/com0403e.asp

Read it, it is eye opening.


As for me, I am going to go bake Martha a cake, with a file in it!

Happy Friday




1 Comments:

Blogger shellibells said...

I want cake, too!! Why does MARTHA get goat damn cake!!
UGH, send me to jail...oh...the luxuries!!!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home