Friday, October 15, 2004

Keep the Faith

Just as I am at my wits end with the human race and society two things happened to restore my faith in life.

Number 1: I woke up yesterday morning to find a single carnation placed in a glass on my bureau. (We have had a whole bunch of carnations in a vase on the TV and they had pretty much had it, except for this one). I asked my husband if he put it there, No he did not. Asked my oldest son, was it you? No mum. Asked my oldest daughter, was it you? No mum Asked my youngest son, who is 7. He said yes mum it was me. I thanked him, gave him a kiss and told him how nice his gesture was. Later I asked what had made him take that one flower out of the wilted bunch and place it on my bureau. His reply was this: because I love you (((awwe))), and because you seemed so sad last night, I wanted you to wake up and smile this morning (((awwe x 10)))

Number 2: This am I went to drop off a video on the way to work. I pulled along side the building in the fire lane. (((Shhhhh, I know its against the law))) When I got out of my car, I noticed my front tire had stopped about 5 inches from an injured baby bird. I deposited my movie and went back to the bird. I don't know where it came from as there are no trees in that parking lot that it could have fallen out of. I tried to pick it up, and it kept wiggling out of my grasp. Finally I cupped it in between my two hands. It began to nip at my fingers but I didn't open my hands. I placed the bird on the sidewalk, close to a brick column, so it could rest. Hopefully its mother will come along or it will regain enough strength to find its way home. Thank goodness I stopped where I had.


So in light of these two events I have decided to let go of my anger and hateful feelings toward society and people in general. I am taking them as a sign from above that everything will work itself out.

Happy Friday!

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for checking out my site and for posting! I have read a bit here and love your take on life. I will be back to read more for sure. Your 7 year old sounds adorable.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Sissychong said...

Thank you Michelle, my son is a very sensitive boy. Someday, my future daughter in-law is gonna thank me for him!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Kymmie said...

I have had a day like that ... things that I know could have gone wrong ... didn't. Things that could have gone great ... did. The day I met my boyfriend. The day I knew I loved him. The numerous weeks I got through the day without beating the shit out of my coworker, Blondie.

Right on!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Life and then Some is changing and moving.....

...to...

Smoochdog (www.smoochdog.com)

Smoochdog is still under construction but I am now posting over there to keep things simpler as I move.

Please make sure to CLAP really, really loudly for Miss Zoot who has worked up the design and set up for me.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Black Woman said...

Reading your journal today almost makes me want to have children but that might slow down my college education a tad. Anyway your journal is great. You should write a book. No seriously. I'm sure it would be a lot better than the shit I have to read to just get a degree that will have a value two points above shit. Keep writing girl! Check out my blog if you have time its called Ask A Black Woman.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home