Monday, November 22, 2004

Fecal Fast Food

On Thursday, I had food poisoning for lunch….

I started feeling nauseous at about 3:00 on Thursday. Dizzy...hot then cold. When I left work I had severe pain in the right front abdomen area. It continued to get worse, I could not even drive home from daycare...good thing I brought hubby with me. All I could do was lay curled in a ball, moaning in my front seat. I made myself barf, (when I got home) I know its gross, but it had to be done, and looking back it was the best idea because if the rest of my lunch had gone thru my system I probably would have been sick longer and worse. I lay down with the heating pad on my stomach and tried to decide if I needed to go to the hospital. I was tossing and turning and cringing aloud every time a wave of pain hit me. It felt like someone had reached into my body and was squeezing whatever it is that is located in that area of your body. Over and over again, while simultaneously sticking a knife in my back at the exact spot of the pain in the front.

I called my mother and asked her if she new the symptoms of an appendix attack, which gave her an anxiety attack. She had to drive over and see me for herself. She brought her ancient medical book, which gives symptoms of every ailment known to man, well every medical condition that was around prior to 1967 that is.
Do you have pain running down you’re your left arm?…..No
Ok good you are not having a heart attack.

Is the pain constant? No, its sporadic, it lets me take a breath every few seconds
Ok good I don’t think its appendicitis.

I think we may have gone thru most of the book.

Somehow while trying to figure out why I was dying a slow horrible death, and if I would rather die at home or at the hospital, the big guy pardoned me. I fell asleep. When I woke up, I felt a bit better. I remember mumbling to my husband where is mum? He said she had gone home, covered me up and kissed my forehead, I fell back to sleep. I kept sleeping and waking feeling better each time. When I woke up in the AM I WAS ABSOLUTELY FINE!! Incredible!

I have decided (without medical opinion) that it was food poisoning. When I got to work this morning I told my boss about my suffereing. He said “Jimmy, (his brother-in-law) would say, that’s what you get for eating at Burger King” You see Jimmy owns a McDonalds franchise in another part of the country.

I think I am done with fecal fast food for a good long time. Every time I saw a BK sign or commercial over the weekend I got nauseous! And there are a lot of Bk’s along the highway from Massachusetts to Maine!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cece said...

eeew! That happened to my husband! Last night we were all starving and broke and I said...Damn. I wish we still ate at Taco Bell. And then we both groaned. He got major sick after eating a big bell burrito. No more snatcho bellgrandes for us!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home