Tuesday, December 14, 2004

If I Only Had a Brain

I have a new appreciation for The Wizard of Oz. I must have seen it a million times, but never like last night. I was, let's say "intoxicated". Or we could just say high, whatever. I hope my mother doesn't read this. I could not stop laughing. The colors were so bright I had to ask if they digitally re-mastered it or something. The poppy fields were so bright and colorful. I just wanted to run nekked thru them!

I wonder what L. Frank Baum was thinking or taking when he created this story. My guess would be strong hallucinogen. How he could have woven this tale without a fogged brain is beyond me. Talking scarecrows, tin men and lions? Trees that throw apples? Flying monkeys? And the Wizard? Pfft, I don't even know where to begin with him. Was he having an affair with the Wicked Witch and Glinda the good witch? Poor Dorothy got into the middle of a nastee love triangle!

Munchkins are cool. But I am thinking they must have been hittin' the sauce off camera or something. Why else would a grown man dress like that and sing, "we welcome you to lollipop land"? I can not imagine. I think the producer should have gotten the whole bunch of them (there were 124 to be exact) drunk and let them run wild around the sets. THAT would be funny.

So, this year for the smoker on your Christmas List, pick up a bone and a copy of The Wizard of Oz, and it will be the best present EVER!

Happy Tuesday!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home