Tuesday, January 18, 2005

How could it have slipped my mind?

I just don't know what my problem is. Here it is the 18th of freakin January, and I haven't done a darn thing to work towards, my new years resolutions, which I refused to call "resolutions". If I name something a resolution, it is just like taking a big ole stamp, and smacking it on an ink pad, and then on my forehead, really hard, "FAILURE".

So I purposefully, did not declare, on this site, that I was changing anything. No resolutions here!

Not reaching my goals is humiliating enough, public humiliation via internet, 100 times worse. I did ok for a while, small changes, baby steps. And then one day, I just forgot. How convenient. Just plain freakin forgot that I had these goals in mind. Just forgot!

It was like, "oh dam I am supposed to be watching what I eat" and "oh shit, I was supposed to be going to the gym 3 times a week". Just like....whoopsy......like I am a dumb blonde or something. No offense to any dumb blondes who may be reading this, I lurve ya! But if you say to yourself "hey that wasn't nice of her to call me that", well then you are really calling yourself that...but I digress. There are plenty of dumb brunettes out there, myself included. I mean dumb in the most endearing way possible, really I do. Anyway, jeez...so easy to get sidetracked. Ok let's just forget that whole dam paragraph...MMMkay?

I don't know why I feel the need to play these mind games with myself. Reverse psychology on myself? WTF is up with that? Sigmund Freud would be proud!

I should put a POST-IT on my forehead before I go to bed at night, with my goals on it. That way when I brush my teeth and see my reflection in the mirror, bam! it will be all spelled out for me. (snuck a little Emeril Lagasse in there! Bam!)

I think I have to re-evaluate the present situation to overcome the obstacles that lie in my way. And buy some POST-ITs for home.

Happy Tuesday!


3 Comments:

Blogger Dgn said...

Bam! You post-it, giiiiiirl! :)
I do resolutions for the year that passed, 3 days before the end of the year I was eating at a friends house & I told them my resolution for the 3 days to come & .. Altough I dont remember the resolution I'm quite sure I kept to it :D
This Works! Subscribe now & get a Free Load of Bullshit :D Try This At Home, Kids!

My lovely GF is also a big Post-It supporter

4:30 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Resolutions SUCK. I seriously didn't even think about it this year. We all know what we need to do..why do we beat the fuck out of ourselves every year to do shit that we know we aren't going to do? That is just my opinion though. Girl, do you have those pretty colorful post-its? I love those!!

5:19 PM  
Blogger shellibells said...

Just think about that for one moment now....turn off the blonde brain and use some of the brunette streaks....
If you post it on a post it and stick it to your forehead you will have to write it all down backwards...otherwise you will wake up, bedhead and draggin ass, scary enough looking in the mirror in the morning, never mind staring at a pasted neon post it on your forehead that says
"!MYG OT OG !YHTLAEH TAE !KLIM MIKS "

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home