Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Kids say the darndest things!

When my now 8 year old son was about 3 years old he added a new word to our version of Webster's Dictionary.

He had a cold with a very runny nose. So when I heard him sniffle, I would say do you need a tissue? The cold lasted a few days, nothing serious.

The following week, he sneezed, and he ran up to me and said, "Mummy, I need a tish-me"!
Of course, being me, I cracked up. He raised one eyebrow at me, then took the tisssue and walked away. His father and I thought it was so cute we allowed him to continue to call tissues, tish-mes until he was, oh I don't know 4 or 4 1/2 years old. He was the hit of the cold and flu season to the whole family. At some point we decided, before he went to school that we ought to correct this verbal faux paus. So we did.

Last night we were cuddled up on the couch watching TV and I sneezed. I said Bam-bam, can you hand mum a tish-me? He didn't remember the tish-me incedent at all. But when I told him about it, he laughed. Then he said, "yea....I was a cute kid"!

5 Comments:

Blogger shellibells said...

no doubt spawn of sissychong.....

11:45 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

That is cute. It is funny how they don't remember but you remember everything. Hell, I just wish my kid would start talking..well maybe not. I guess I should enjoy this time of daa, haa, ahh, etc.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Mrs.Strizzay said...

aaaw!

12:39 PM  
Blogger part-timer said...

Very sweet story! I love those little "just us" things!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Michael Moore said...

how did you get the section on the side of your blog with all the blogs you read? I want to do one (and show everyone the BRILLIANCE OF SISSYCHONG... and other blogs) But mostly, the brilliance of the sissychong.

I will be forever indebted to you. In fact, when Grace's girl scout cookies get here (if they ever do) then I will even share those with you. :-D

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home