Friday, March 04, 2005

In One Moment Everything Could Be Gone

Something horrible has happened. My brother in law and sister in law and neice ( 2 yrs. old) lost everything they had last night. There was a fire in their apartment house. My brother in law had gone to the store, leaving his wife and daughter home. When he returned he saw flames in one of the upper story apartments and the roof. He ran in the house and was able to get his wife and daughter out of the burning house, and out of harms way. He somehow fell and broke a rib or two in the process, but other than that they are physically ok. Besides being completely water logged, the house collapsed in on itself, crushing anything that may have been able to be salvaged.

Everything is gone but what they had on their backs when they ran out of the house. What a devastating feeling that must be. Wedding photos...... gone. Baby photos ....gone. They have nothing, no place to live, no clothes, no nothing.

Of course we are all greatful that they are ok and material possesions can be replaced. I just feel so sad for them. So helpless.

They lived in Cedar Lake, Indiana, so if anyone in that area has an apartment to rent for a wonderful family, please contact me via email.

Also, I am setting up a donation button on my site to try to help them. If you are able to donate I will send you a Sissychong pen and put you on my list of Sissy's Angels. Every penny will be donated to them.

I am also selling some stamps on Ebay and the proceeds will go to them as well. If you know any stamp collectors or Elvis fans, maybe they would like to bid?


Please send your good Karma and well wishes to this family.


Happy Friday!

4 Comments:

Blogger part-timer said...

I'm so sorry for them. That exact same thing happened to my sis's in-laws. Devastating!!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Aww..that is awful. :( I just made my donation. Hope it helps a little bit.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

I posted a comment but it isn't showing up and I get an error when I hit log in so let me try this again.

I am sorry your family is going through this. I hope my little donation helps! Let us know if they need clothes etc.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Holy crap! Sorry it took this long to get here and read this.

I posted a question from my book on my blog, not even knowing about this.
If you want it removed, please let me know. I truly had no idea!!

*HUGS* I'll put a link to your ebay site letting people know...

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home