Thursday, March 31, 2005

Just a boy, Not Yet a Man

I feel so very sad,
My heart hurts,
My head feels heavy,

Eighteen years old,
Dies on the street,
Where the ground is hard and cold,

Seven shots rang out,
Seven bullets took his life,
On the street,
Where the ground is hard and cold,

His mother,
she must hurt,
Her heart must be in pieces,
On the street,
Where the ground is hard and cold,

She couldn't see him,
She couldn't kiss him,
She couldn't say good-bye
On the street,
Where the ground is hard and cold,

He was still a baby,
His whole life ahead of him,
On the street,
Where the ground is hard and cold,

People heard the yelling,
Why didn't someone stop it,
I suppose I shouldn't judge,
On the street,
Where the ground is hard and cold,

Would I be able to stand up,
In the same situation,
Put myself at risk,
On the street,
Where the ground is hard and cold,

I know his grandmother,
She lost a daughter to violence,
Now she has lost again,
On the street,
Where the ground is hard and cold,

I don't understand
Youth so full of rage,
Not caring about human life,
On the street,
Where the ground is hard and cold,

Was it that important,
Could you not turn the other cheek,
What was it that was worth his life,
On the street,
Where the ground is hard and cold,

Can't you see,
It's not getting better,
With each death it gets worse,
On the street,
Where the ground is hard and cold,

What happens now,
Retaliation,
Or was this retaliation,
When will it stop, where will it end,
On the street,
Where the ground is hard and cold,

Now an arrest,
What happens to him,
His family will be torn apart as well,
On the street,
Where the ground is hard and cold,

I look at my babies,
My heart feels heavy and I pray,
Nothing ever happens to them,
On the street,
Where the ground is hard and cold.

3 Comments:

Blogger shellibells said...

UGH, Feelin ya pain, gf.
THis would be reason #5,672,894 to move to Maine, as if you needed anymore to begin with.
But I can give you just as many reasons to stay....

4:23 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Damn, that is some deep stuff you typed there. I am getting caught up after my break and you are makin me cry.
Move to MAINE!

8:49 PM  
Anonymous honestyrain said...

these are difficult times and they keep me up at night. so sad.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home