Thursday, March 10, 2005

Return of Brat-Zilla

My two daughters share a room. They are 15 and 6. Let's call them Aly-cat and Lil Diva respectively. You would think the age difference would pretty much elimenate fighting. I mean it's not like they are two teenage girls sharing a room. Which, probably, would make my hair stand straight up and turn grey simaltaneoulsy. There is nine years between them, so one would think that the oldest would be mature enough to stear clear of any bickering with the little one. The problem here is not the maturity of the older one. The problem is that my 6 year old has a 13 year olds mind. This means that I have a 15 year old and a mini-13 year old in the same room.

Lil diva has a stubborn personality, and she absolutely flabergasts Aly-cat, when they bicker. On one such occasion, when they were bickering, Aly-cat was so frustrated, she blurted, "Ya know what Lil Diva, you are a "BRAT-ZILLA"! Well this sent Brat-z.....I mean Lil Diva into a rage. I lectured Aly-cat: no name calling, work out the problems, compromise, and all that jazz. All the while trying to stifle my own laughter.

This morning I suffered the wrath of Brat-zilla. She must have woken up on the wrong side of Japan or something. Her gaze alone was enough to set my hair on fire.

If this is a sign of things to come when this child hits puberty, I am running away from home in 7 years!

Happy Thrusday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Oh god. I feel your pain. Girls and puberty SUCK ASS!
Can't you just lock them in the room for like 6 years and cut a hole in the door to feed them.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home