Thursday, April 07, 2005

Updates and The Kung Fu Hustle

{{sigh}}

I thought I would start out today by making a few updates.
For those of you who have read me from the beginning you know my husband had (has) an opiate addiction. After spending a week in a detoxification hospital, he began outpatient therapy and methodone maintenance treatment. The first clinic didn't work out for him, so he transferred to another one. He has been clean for 4 months now. I am very proud of him. I am proud of him for facing his demons and for taking steps to be opiate free for the rest of his life. He goes to counceling and we go to counceling together to help understand each others feelings on this issue. Each day is a struggle for him, but so far so good. I think one thing that helps him is that I told him I was on the brink of leaving him. Or at least my ego would like to think so. I think he knows I will no longer live with an addict. At a time in my life where I could talk to no one, I talked to all of you, my internet family, you all really helped me with your kind words and support. THANK YOU!

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law who lost everything in a fire, have been doing better. Or at least heading in that direction. They have gotten some support from their coimmunity in the form of food vouchers and clothing vouchers. They have gotten support from all of you who donated via my website. They are staying with relatives, right now, but have been offered the opportunity to rent a house from someone in their church. The house is currently being renovated, so they just have to wait for that to be finished. They have also received donations of toys and clothes for the baby, which is wonderful. Again, I say thank you for your kind words and support.

I saw a preview for this movie last night. All I have to say is, ......well, I don't know what to say about it. Part of me wants to laugh my ass off, part of me is very disturbed by a Kung Fu musical. Next thing you know, Jackie Chan will be on Broadway!

Happy Thursday!

1 Comments:

Blogger muse said...

just a super quick comment, rushing like mad at work, freelance, etc., but I just wanted to say that I'm so, so very glad to hear that things are looking up for you and your hubby! I'll try to email you this weekend, I'd like to know more about the couple's therapy (if you don't mind), this gives me hope too! :)

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home