Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Is it in the Stars?

This is my horocope for today:

Capricorn(Dec. 22-Jan. 19)Thinking about asking for that raise? Well think no longer. Step right up and ask for it. There's no way they can refuse you now. After the stellar performance you've been putting on lately, they'd be foolish to lose you.

Do you believe in horoscopes and astrology? I do and I don't. I have been thinking about asking for a raise. I even bounced a few ideas off Shelli the other day. So does this mean I should ask? I had tentitively decided not to because I didn't think I could stand the sound of their laughter, echoing in my head for the rest of my life. But, according to my horoscope I am in like flin. {who IS flin anyway?}

Does anyone have any experience with the reliability of horoscopes? Have you followed the advise and gotten totally screwed? Have you not followed the advice only to find out later that you should have?

(added 2 hours after original post)
PS. I just realized I had my fucking shirt on backwards! Today may not be the day to ask for a raise, I wonder if my boss noticed. Aaah fuck, this man trusts me with his business? I can not even dress properly! I mean it was kind of dark in the bedroom but the buttons down the back should have been a clue! (kidding)

11 Comments:

Blogger Hippo said...

Holy Shit! What happenned to your blog?

9:12 AM  
Blogger Hippo said...

Ok, Sissy, to answer your raise question. In all seriousness, its not about whether or not you deserve the raise-don't look at the situation personally, and don't take the answer personally. As Clint Eastwood said in his last great Western "...deserves got nothin to do with it..." Write down and memorize the top 5 or 10 things that you bring to the organization. Write down the top 5 negatives, as you percieve them, about your performance and have a simple but rational reason why they are a result of other dysfunctins in the organization and what solutions you may have to fix them. Put this storyline together for boss performance day. Practice it with someone. DONT, DONT, take whatever answer you get personally, its all business. In the end no matter whether you get the raise or not both you and the org know your position. Present positively...just my thoughts.
Oh, I cant speak to the stars. I do keep an eye out for astoroid showers-like Novembers Leonids et al, but usually these just become an excuse to sit in a field and drink late into the early morning.

Dr. H.O. Potamus

9:22 AM  
Blogger Sissychong said...

Kristine made it all girly, and thank you very much for the advise on asking for a raise. It will be very useful! As always Dr. H. O. Potamus, you are wonderful!

10:51 AM  
Blogger shellibells said...

baha...(pause)
bahahaaa...(pause)

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAHAAAAHEEEEHEEEHOOOO BAHAHA BHAAAHHHAAAAAAAAA HEHEHEEEEAAAAAAA OMG PMP ROFFL
(HEAR THAT ECHO???)

you only now realized your shirt was on backwards cuz you looked down to see if your coffee dripped on your shirt, and the tag was sticking out and poked you in the chin...lmfao...

GO GET THAT RAISE BIAATCH!! WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE? THEY ARE NOT GONNA TAKE MONEY AWAY!!???? LOL

11:15 AM  
Blogger Sissychong said...

Actually.......shelli, can you astop laughing so you can heare me?...thanks...I did think I dripped coffee on my shirt! How'd you know? Is it the duck-cam?

11:36 AM  
Blogger LipglossQ said...

Oh no, thats terrible! :) It sort of is kind of funny though. :) I hope it all works out.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Sissychong said...

So no one has any horoscope/astrology stories to tell me? What up with dat?

12:17 PM  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

I don't know about the astrology stuff - I tend to think it's crap. "You may or may not be in danger today." Umm.. thanks. BUT I do know this: 1)The worst thing they can do is fire you. And just recently you said you were considering going back to work as a graphic designer. F&#k 'em. 2)The second worst thing they can do is say "no". And then? F&#k 'em. 3) They might say yes. In which case... Hooray for them! 4)The phrase "In like Flynn" has something to do with Errol Flynn. You can check it out here: http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-inl1.htm Please let me know if I can be of further service. You may now return to your regularly scheduled blogging.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Sissychong said...

HA! Thank you Charlotte the Great!

4:11 PM  
Blogger muse said...

Wearing your shirt inside out (by accident especially) is actually lucky, in folklore, it protects against evil fairies and spirits. ;)

So there, you were extra lucky and didn't even realize it!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Sissychong said...

Awesome, I am double lucky! And when and if I ask for my raise, I will be sure to wear my clothes backwards for luck.....hmmm....that may back fire!

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home