Friday, May 20, 2005

Psuedo PMS

My husband sent me on an errand last night. He loves to eat Hershey's chocolate bars and drink black coffee at the same time. So he asked me if I could stop at the store and buy him a 6 pack of Hershey bars. Now, I have spoken to him about this before. I don't think it's nice that he sends the fat chick for chocolate a couple of times a week. I can feel the customer's behind me looking at my purchases. I know what they're thinking. And what the cashier is thinking is even worse. "No wonder she is fat, she comes in here 3 times a week and buys 18 candy bars at a time!" They probably have nick-named me Hershey Butt!
When I was leaving for the store last night, I hollored, "Anyone else need anything from the store?" My daughter came up to me and whispered in my ear, "I need pads". NO PROBLEM right? I have long ago outgrown any embarrassment about buying these products. It wouldn't phase me, even if my father was the cashier and I was buying a case of ribbed for her pleasure
condoms. Pfft...whatever!
Let me give you some advice. Do not ever go to the store and purchase these two items together. I mean if you have a cart load of stuff, it doesn't matter. But when you walk up to the register with a box of pads and a couple of six packs of Hershey's chocolate bars.......well it just screams PMS. It was a horrible experience and it was no better for the boy behind the cash register! He fumbled with the box of pads and dropped them on the floor, there by making every person in the immediate vicinity rubberneck to see what had hit he floor. I could feel the tension as each pack of candy bars beeped thru the scanner. I wanted to explain to the boy that the chocolate was for my husband and the pads for my daughter, but...well that would have been down right tacky, I endured the totrture silently. I wonder what they call me now?
Happy "Hershey Butt" Friday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

If only you had been buying something salty, too. My friend Jen always says, "I need some red meat, salt, and chocolate - in that order... RIGHT F-ING NOW!" Hey - where's the pic of your boy at 19 we were promised??

11:34 AM  
Blogger Sissychong said...

I haven't been able to pick up the darn things from the developer

12:20 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

I love your new look Sissy. It is beau-ti-fucking-ful!
Funny story about the Hershey bars..how does he eat those things..I just cannot do it. I have to have me some peanut butter cups. Just make him go from now on..that has got to be pure torture!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home