Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Two Hundred-Twenty-Eight Month Letter


Randy 001
Originally uploaded by Sissychong.
Today you turn 19 years old. (228 months)NINETEEN FREAKIN YEARS OLD! I can not believe it. It seems like just yesterday, that I was in labor and so anxious about it that I would not let your grandmother leave my side. Not even to run out and smoke one quick cigarette. And we all know she loves those butts. She gave it up for those hours, she didn't want to miss your birth. And she didn't. The moment I heard your first cry is one of the most precious moments in my life. I cried the first time I looked into your beautiful blue eyes. There you were in my arms, after waiting to see you for 9 months. Nine months of playing soccer, with my ribs as the goal posts. I was convinced you would grow up to be a famous soccer player. I used to love to watch you roll around. My stomach looked like you were doing the wave in there at some points.

You were a great baby, always happy. I remember your grandmother offered to get up with you at night so I could sleep and I was like, no way, I am getting up with him, that's my boy. I was more than happy to get up, to spend time with you.

As you grew I was amazed at each milestone you reached. Your first smiled was when I squeezed the musical glow worm nana bought you when I was pregnant. You recognized the music. I used to squeeze that worm every night before I went to bed. I would hold it near my tummy, so you could hear the music.

The first time your little chubby fist tried to grab at the little plastic keys I used to juggle near you, I was amazed at your genious. You had such a look of concentration on your face!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Beautiful post Sissy!
You make my teary!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

I mean..me teary..not my teary.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home