Tuesday, June 14, 2005

My Monday
Sissy we need to have a talk. I remember thinking, the tone of his voice sounded odd. He continued. I came across something on your computer, the day you were out sick. It's called double you double you double you dot sissychong dot blogspot dot c....................
That's all I remember hearing. His words were mumbled and I felt like I was trapped on the merry-go-round at the park. Spinning and spinning. My brain struggled to make sense of what my ears were hearing. I was able to put together Maine.........notice...........pissy attitude............ blinking orange...................
I could do nothing but look from one to the other with my mouth hanging open. I was still trying to put together his puzzle of words. My blog? He had come across my blog? Then I knew. He had been reading my blog!
When was I planning to tell them I was moving?
My voice squeaked, "Well we .........."
And my pissy attitude last week was because of this.
I tried again, "Well I........"
We have had an ad in the paper for a week, waiting for you to tell us. When will your last day be?
My vocal cords started to work again and I croaked out, "the end of the month".
Well we can use you until we find someone and I'm sure you can use the money.
The dam broke and my eyes overflowed. I blurted words in between sobs. I don't even know what I said. Neither did they.
One said, "Are you alright?"
The other said, "Are we still friends?"
I shook my head yes and the conversation was over just as quickly as it had begun. I tried to stifle my sniffles. Finally, I gave up and just retreated to the ladies room.
When I came out, they left to make sales calls. That was it. Their demeanor with me was back to normal. I was in a stuporing fog. Snipettes of words played in my head. I did the mental equivalent of rewinding and fast forwarding the conversation over and over.
I thought I was going to toss my cookies.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Awww..damn Sissy. I am sorry to hear that they found out all that stuff. I know you wanted to tell everything on your own time.
Don't cry..Dry your eye. It will be OK!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Well, at least now it's over. That sucks, though. I'll bet you are freaked out. I mean, I know blogs are public domain, but you always feel kind of safe from people you know (unless you GIVE them the web address). I can't believe you've been Dooced twice! No worries about the toe socks.. although I AM awfully anxious to see them on your feet!! Buck up, little camper - everything will be okay!! :-)

3:01 PM  
Blogger muse said...

I'm so sorry to read that, Sissy. Argh, at least the whole stressful move and everything around it will be over relatively soon, and then it's happy Maine paradise days from then on!

3:21 PM  
Blogger dvilwman said...

Thanks for the welcome to Blogland. I hope that everything works out with your move.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Closet Metro said...

Any conversation that starts with "we need to have a talk" is bad, but not as bad as "do you have a minute?" which in businessese means "you'll be off of the premises within twenty minutes."

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home