Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Why Do I Feel Guilty?

Why do I feel like I have done something wrong? I haven't. Yet I feel guilty for some reason. I feel like, they think I did stole from them or something. It feels like they are mad at me. I guess I project the guilt onto myself. Why? Why? Why do I do this to myself. Maybe because I think, my boss is mad. He has not talked to me all day. Just puts stuff on my desk and walks away. Maybe it's me. Maybe he is upset because he had a disagreement with his son this AM. Maybe it's my damn imagination.

We have a problem with the books. They are not balancing for the month of June. The mistake is somewhere, but I have been over and over things and just can not find it. Yet. The boss took all the records and he is pouring over them like an IRS agent on a mission to put me out of business. I am sure it is something stupid, some credit debited or debit credited or freight charge run-a-muck.

I was supposed to talk to them today. I was going to give my three weeks notice. But now? If I give notice, maybe they will think I have done something illegal. Maybe I am just a big ole worry wart. YUK. (note to self: do not refer to yourself as ANY type of wart)

Whatever, I don't need this stress. I should not be feeling like I am a shady character. I mean I may come in a few minutes late or sneak a few extra minutes at lunch, make a personal call or two, but I am not shady. Ok enough of this foolishness. Whatever his problem is, it's not mine anymore. Now I need a shot or five!

5 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

And sure.. you might blog from time to time, but who of us doesn't like to get paid for blogging?? :-) I hope it all works out. As a nanny, I am often worrying that they are mad at me and it usually turns out to just be that they are arguing with each other or something. Still, it is nerve wracking! Poor, poor Sissy! Hang in there - not much longer!!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

I can barely read your blog because the font is so small...I suck!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Girl, take a drink and be CALM...just say mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I am sure it is fine. Put in your notice and BE GONE to your new pretty house in your new pretty neighborhood.
:)

9:13 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Must be something in the air...I have a good friend that I feel like I should apologize to, but I can't quite pinpoint why I feel that way. I hate that guilty feeling!!!

11:54 AM  
Blogger shellibells said...

Maybe your other personality stole the money when you weren't ummm, thinking? Sissily? ROFL

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home