Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Child Terrorizer

Yesterday, I ratted out a 12 year old. I have mixed feelings about it, but at the time it was either that or pummel him into the sand. Since I can get into trouble for the latter I decided being a rat would be better.
He is my new neighbor. He seems like an OK kid, but he is loud and hyper. He is the type that likes to take charge. It seems he likes to play with younger kids so he can "be the boss". He must be a local, because when he an his mother moved in next door, he seemed to know everyone by name, except us.
I took Cassie and Kyle to the beach yesterday. He was there. He goes there alone, his mother works days. As soon as my son was up to his knees in the water he was tackled and pushed under. OK, I know kids will be kids, no problem. I politely asked him not to do that again. He looked at me, didn’t say anything and went back to swimming. Now he and my children and another child are playing around in the water. He like to call himself the child terrorizer. (Argh) He kept chanting the "child terrorizer is gonna getcha" and chasing them around like a game of tag. My kids were having fun. But as I watched, I began to see a pattern. If he was near a child he would call their name, as soon as he or she turned around to face him, they would get a big splash of water right in the face. When he "tagged" one of the girls he just tagged them. When he "tagged" one of he boys, he would put them in some kind of wrestling move and throw them under. So I politely asked him to stop dunking Kyle. Again he looked at me and said nothing.
A couple of minutes later he began throwing my son and another boy under the water over and over again. The boys were barely able to catch their breaths or wipe their eyes between dunks. I thought to myself, Kyle can not be enjoying this kind of play. Hyper-boy put Kyle in a head lock and Kyle said, Don’t......glub glub glub.
That was it! I saw RED! I slammed my book shut, the sound startling the older lady next to me, she jumped. I stomped down to the water’s edge, making deep heel prints in the sand. I didn’t even bother to try to calm myself before I spoke. I said, "Travis, keep your hands OFF of Kyle" Again, the blank glance and not a word. I called Kyle to the shore. I told him to go play with some other children because Travis was being a Bully. I said Travis and bully louder than the rest of the sentence, hoping he and the lifeguard would hear me. Kyle sulked off to find another playmate. I went back to reading.
I looked up to check on my kids and Travis the child terrorizer had another little boy in a "sleeper hold" I remember the move from when I was a kid, I used to watch Andrea the Giant and other wrestlers on Saturday mornings with my dad. He kept the move on the boy while dunking him and then bringing him back up. Again, the boy could barely catch a breath in between dunks. All I heard was Tra...glub....glub....{dunk} I can’t.....glub..... glub.....(dunk)
Again I saw RED! I put my book down with out closing it and glanced around the beach for the lifeguards. At the end of the diving dock I found them, chatting with friends. I marched up to them, and told them the story of Travis the Child Terrorizer. He knew I was talking to them about him. I was talking loud and pointing to him. He started to walk out of the water, quickly. The life guard followed him to reprimanded him. Travis didn’t say anything in his defense. He just asked the lifeguard the time. I took my kids and left. I was still infuriated.
I expected his mother to come knocking on my door, when I saw her come home from work. She didn’t. Maybe he didn’t tell her. I am trying to decide if I should speak with her. I have seen him at the beach WITH her. He doesn’t act like this. If it was my son, I would WANT someone to tell me.
I need my Internet friends opinions. What would you do?

10 Comments:

Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Touch my child,
knock out all your teeth,
go to jail.

That is what I would have done.
Little fucker.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

I know that you probably hate the little bastard right now, but he is clearly crying out for supervision. He WANTS someone to yell at him - because then he knows someone is noticing him. I would talk to his mother - get her permission to reprimand him if he seems out of control... then win him over by inviting him to have lunch with you or something. He probably doesn't know how to be a friend because he's never had one. Sound too soft? I'm sorry - it's the nanny in me. You could just tell him to stay the fuck away from your kids, if it makes you feel better. I'd still love ya! :-)

11:14 PM  
Blogger shellibells said...

pissy, you have to remember where sissy is, she's in maine...you cannot knock teeth out that aren't there.

Tell the bitch her son is a future serial killer and you think he needs heavy meds, then give her a shiner, i bet they'll be moving out next week.

or, if you wanted to be a little less harsh, you could give her a "chance" and explain the situation. i mean,if that dont' work..you can show her you dont' forget where you came from and slash her fucken tires and break all her windows...

shit,they'll NEEEEEEEEEEVERknow it was you.....haha

8:16 PM  
Blogger Cece said...

Tell her. Depending on her reaction, you'll know whether or not you are justified in keeping your kids away from that little psycho.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

SBells-HAHA.
Damn, I thought all ya'll folks up North had ya'll some purty teefs.
I thought we only went without teefs down heerre in Hillbilly Village.

9:00 PM  
Blogger MMC said...

I'm with Pissy. Charlotte's tack sounds good, and would probably work, but you would also probably become this kid's defacto babysitter, thus letting the mom off the hook.

9:52 AM  
Blogger RA Michael said...

uh... be firm but understanding? and all else fails, dont hesitate to go hometown on that kid.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
Dead men tell no tales. :-)

<3,

the former WTF

12:38 AM  
Blogger muse said...

Sissyyyyyyyyyy?

Wheeeeeere aaaaaare youuuuuuu?

Miss ya! ;)

2:27 PM  
Anonymous honestyrain said...

well this was a month ago so i'm sure you decided what to do but i think you were right to involve the lifeguard and i hope you did talk to the mom. the kid sounds like he needs supervision and planned activities. idle hands are the hands that dunk other kids.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Cece said...

Hellooooooooooo?
Hellooooooooooooooooo?

Where is Sissychong and the Chong family??

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home