Thursday, September 15, 2005

Holy shit.......Has it really been 6 freakin' weeks since my fingers have touched a keyboard?? Am I really here?? (poking-self) Yes, indeed I am really here!!

HEY YA'ALL!! How is everyone? I can not even begin to recount the events of the past weeks. Way too much to try and remember in detail.

My computer is in Massachusetts recovering from a nervous breakdown. It is recovering at Shelli's brother's house. I am at the public library......duh....... I should have thought of this long ago. My apologies.

We have been exploring our "new", not so new anymore home town. Still, in love with it. I have gotten to know a handful of people, thru work and the school. It's funny here. Funny strange, not funny ha-ha. I went to the IGA to get milk and stopped five different times to chat with 5 different people. It took me the better part of 45 minutes to pick up a gallon of milk. It is impossible to be anonymous here. Some days I wish I could just slip in and out of a store, invisibly like I could do in the city. Other days I welcome the chit-chat. Just call me 'lil miss bi-polar.

We had many visitors over the summer. By far the best visit was that of Sheli, K-dawg and Alyssa (my 16 yr old)! We had so much damn fun. We shopped and drank and swam and drank and did I mention that we drank? We took Sheli moosing. Picture this......Me driving and Sheli's head and shoulders popped out of the sun roof, shining a mag light in the trees and shrubs looking for moose! It truly was priceless! I am trying to find a good man up here for Sheli in hopes she will migrate with me. HA- I know selfish bitch! But, I miss them all so much and at the same time I don't want to leave here. It is my home now.

The kids are back in school. So far they love it. I have great communication with their teachers. Mwah-ha-ha...they better be behaving or I will know before they even step foot off the bus. I went to my first PTA meeting last night. All I keep picturing is Barbara Eden in Harper Valley PTA.....I swear I didn't dress like that! HA!

The child terrorizer still lives next door. Everytime I get mad at him I remember
Charlotte's wisdom..."he is crying out for help". This has helped me to not be mean to him. Thank you Charlotte!

I am currently trying to decide between three jobs. I have pretty much eliminated one, I guess I will be giving my two weeks notice this weekend. The second one I will keep, I love it there.The 3rd was just offered to me yesterday as I was walking up my street, so I am pondering that one. More details later.

I hope this post finds everyone in good health and good spirits. I plan to come here every other days or so to post until my computer has recovered. So, tell all your friends and mine to Sissy's back in the hiz-ouse!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Whoo hooo! It's about time, woman! I'm glad to hear that all is well and that you are enjoying Maine as much as we all hoped you would. Once you get your computer back, you'll have to post some pictures. It is going to be GORGEOUS up there when the leaves change. Good to "hear" from you!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Dear GOD! I was wondering what happened to you!!

*BIG OL' TACKLE HUG*

1:07 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Well it is about damn time you decided to join us again!
Glad you are BACK.
WOO HOO!

4:47 PM  
Blogger muse said...

Sissy!!! So _glad_ to "hear" from you, hurrah!!! :)

Missed you girl!

I just came back from a 6 day vacation in Maine, and as we crossed the State line in Fryeburg -immediately getting hit by the wonderful pine tree smell- we saw some hawks circling above, and it made me think about your post (how you see them above your house, you lucky thing!)

I'm with you, find Sheli a good Mainer (_with_ dental hygiene) and things will be perfect for you gals! LOL

5:59 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Sheesh! I was wondering if you were ever gonna come back! Glad you did!

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home